|Price||RM129.00 - RM169.00 RM249.90 - RM289.90|
- Crystal clear transparent glass of this glass container makes the content in the jar visible at a glance
- Perfect for preserving, fermenting, storing and etc.
- The silicone rubber seal is odourless and offers excellent airtightness thus anti-leak
- The wide-mouth design of this pickle jar is extremely user friendly, making scooping the content and cleaning of the jar so easy
- Our airtight glass jar also features a high-quality stainless steel fitting and a smooth locking mechanism
- The wire spring of the large sealed storage provides a superior deaeration function to release trapped gas generated by the fermentation of the food content
- An ergonomic and comfortable handle can be detached for easy cleaning.
- Jar Body Material: Soda Lime Glass (heat resistant -40C ~ 200C)
- Fittings Material: 18-8 Stainless Steel
- Made in Japan
The CELLLARMATE Air Tight Glass Jar is a necessity for every modern kitchen. Whether you are preserving jams or pickles, fermenting wines, or storing biscuits or cereals, this high-quality jar will always perform beyond expectations.
HOW TO MAKE UMESHU? (PLUM LIQUEUR)
- Ingredients (for 3L):
- 800g Ume (a small, green Japanese plum when unripe)
- 300g Rock Sugar
- 1.4 litres of Sake or the unflavoured alcohol used for making umeshu and other kinds of fruit liqueur.
- For a 2.0L glass jar, decrease the ingredients by 0.6 times.
- For a 4.0L glass jar, increase the ingredients by 1.3 times.
- For a 5.0L glass jar, increase the ingredients by 1.5 times.
1. Clean the jar with water, or if possible sterilize it by boiling the jar. Let it dry completely.
2. Thoroughly wash the ume in water, and throw away any mouldy fruit and de-stem them.
3. Thoroughly dry the ume. This is very important apparently.
4. Start layering the ume and rock sugar in the jar. So a layer of fruit, then a layer of rock sugar, then a layer of fruit, etc., until you run out.
5. Pour in your 1.4 litres of alcohol.
6. Put in a cool, dark cupboard.
7. Once a day, take it out and gently shake the jar to help the rock sugar dissolve. Do this every day until it has all dissolved.
8. You've finished! Leave it in the cupboard, sit back and wait until it's ready.
- The umeshu will be ready in about 3 months when you can drink it. However it is probably best to leave it longer to get a better taste. 6 months, 1 year or even longer are recommended.
- Every measurement is subject to errors due to manual measurement and our senses are imperfect.
- The picture may not reflect the actual color of the item as colour look different on all device screens. Lighting and photography equipment also plays a big part.
1 x CELLARMATE Thick Airtight Glass Jar with Lid And Handle 2L/3L/4L